Saturday, 21 March 2015

Hashtag


I can't believe we're already in March! Where has all the time gone? I've been busy doing projects and I'd like to share one today! I actually do have quite a few to share but I guess I'll save the rest for another time.

This was a project based on the brief of 'rhetorics'. To be honest, it took me a really long time before I could come up with a substantial idea - I think I was the last person in class to actually finalize his concept. It was pretty stressful watching everyone go ahead with their ideas and seeing myself being stuck without one. Thankfully though, I had a lightbulb moment at the last minute and came up with something that I felt really confident in. 

I actually spent an hours alone in a classroom working on this throughout the night. I had the People's Choice Awards, the Golden Globes and the Oscars playing in the background as I did my work so it wasn't too bad! Thank you for uploading them on YouTube, people of the Internet! Love Ellen and Tina Fey as hosts - they managed to keep me awake all night so kudos to them.

This project is called Hashtag. It explores social media and its effects on our generation. It's definitely something that's relevant to me as someone whose work depends on social media quite a lot - it's a commentary and also a reminder for myself to get too caught up with it all. 

#transformationtuesday - Questioning the narcissism that social media brings about.


#womancrushwednesday - Crushed by the opinions and expectations of others.

#thirstythursday - The unquenchable thirst for approval.

#flashbackfriday - Highlighting the extreme ends we go to to get noticed.

I hope you like them! Maybe a little something to think about. 

Till next time!